Thursday, July 24, 2014

Understanding Through Lists?

Making lists is something I find very satisfying, though I don't tend to be an overly organized person.  But maybe that's why this article made some sense to me.  I really like the idea of itemizing every single thing that I do as a stay-at-home mom.  I get a lot of help and the roles in this family are definitely not typical (my husband does what a LOT of husbands don't), but a lot of what she said still rings true.  I don't think a list, or agreement, as she mentions, would really solve a lot of problems, but I think for me it might just help to clarify what I'm dealing with and help me to make sense of the life I now have and will have for the foreseeable future (with baby 3 on the way).  It's not what I expected, and I think that's a big part of what makes it hard.  Perhaps understanding just exactly what it is that I do all day would help me (and maybe my husband) understand how I feel about it...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good article especially the paragraph about her parents i.e. captain. i understand the frustration of just wanting your partner to just 'see' what needs to be done without being 'told'. but our roles were very traditional and pretty clear but that didn't make it any easier. i can imagine it would be so much harder for women today.

    ReplyDelete

contribute